I’m beyond delighted at being included in the Xpose Beauty Bible 2016 with some of my favourite gals from the Irish blogging scene. It feels like I’ve been waiting forever for it to land but it’s on shelves now and, even without the blogging feature, it’s an absolute doozy of a read, packed full of tips, tricks, tools and products, so grab it while you can.
We were asked to bring our current top 10 products to the shoot and since not all of them made it to the page I thought I’d do a wee recap for you here (and I've linked to full reviews where relevant, if you want to read more). In no particular order…
- Oribe Dry Texturising Spray is ridiculously priced so I’m still rationing the two big cans I got last Christmas. The combination of the invisible formula, trademark scent and bouncy textured finish mean I’m saving my pennies because I’ll definitely repurchase.
- I’ve totally bought into the cult of Chanel and No 5 is my all-time favourite scent for feeling like a sophisticated lady type. The bottle! The history! The Marilyn Monroe quote! I die.
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow: hands down the best contour and highlight palette I’ve tried, like, ever.
- The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick line is sensational: rich, saturated colour in a lightweight, velvety modern matte finish, and a great shade range too.
- Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Day Screen Multi Protection SPF 50 might have the longest name ever but it’s also the best facial SPF I’ve tried to date and I’ll be wearing it year-round for broad spectrum sun protection, protection against pollution, and to generally hydrate my skin. Read my rave review.
- Chanel Le Weekend is a genius skincare product that replaces all your other lotions and potions and creams for weekend use, and leaves your skin hydrated, bright and glowy.
- YSL is so great at lipstick and Rouge Pur Couture Mat has to be one of my favourite formulas: gorgeous, velvety, opaque colour that won’t dry out your lips.
- Clinique Lash power feathering mascara: I think Clinique mascaras often fly under the radar which is a real shame as there are some killer products in the range. I love this one and their famous bottom lash mascara in equal measures. High Impact Volume Extreme is another favourite for big fat lashes with no clumps.
- Lancome Ombre Hypnose Stylo in Brun Captivant: for convenience, ease of use and the fun factor, cosmetic crayons are my crack and I’m incredibly smitten with this creamy, long-lasting, bronzey shade.
- Smashbox Photo Angle Pure Pigment Gel Liner pen: I love the heritage of this brand and the fact that its roots are in the Smashbox studios in LA; this liner makes it incredibly easy to rock the winged liner look that I’m mad about but can be tricky to pull off.