I love popping a 'wee minding' or two in with a Christmas or birthday present – it’s the Scottish in me – so along with my main Christmas gift guide (coming soon!), I’ve compiled this edit of pretty little bits and pieces that are perfect for gifting, but won’t break the bank.
1. New to Debenhams, Bagsy is a UK beauty brand promising multi-tasking must-haves that are as beautiful as they are practical. My top picks are the sweet dome-shaped blushers, Pretty Cheeks, which are perfectly packaged and ready to pop on your tree, and this gorgeous flamingo-print makeup bag. Most products come in at under €25.
2. Also adorably packaged, Accessorize launched a massive range of cosmetics this year that caters for eyes, lips, face and nails; they’re gorgeous to behold and reasonably priced at between €6 for this pretty little bejewelled lip balm, to €21.50 for an eyeshadow palette.
3. Much as I love my online reads, lingering over a coffee and a favourite magazine is a perpetual pleasure and, with its witty and intelligent writing style, an annual subscription to Stellar Magazine, €23, will always go down a treat.
4. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze is a universally flattering cream eye shadow that is longlasting, lightweight, ridiculously easy to apply and a total bargain at €7.49.
5. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lippies are still my go-to for a modern matte, high-impact lip – that lasts; check out one of my favourites. They come in a great selection of shades too, for €12.49 a pop.
6. Nothing sorts out dry, chapped lips faster than La Roche Posay Cicaplast Lip Balm
from one of my fave French pharmacy brands. With shea butter and panthenol to nourish and repair, this outperforms any other balm I’ve tried – and it’s just €6.50. Read my full review.
7. For under a tenner you can’t ask for more from your mascara than the length, curl and volume delivered by Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara. This Boots beauty is a little gem; see it in action here.
8. Once on the lips, you’ll be hard pushed to tell the Maybelline Colour Intense Velvet Lip Pencils apart from far spendier items in your crayon collection. They’re €6.49 and come in 10 pretty shades – just scribble on, no lip liner required.
9. You can’t argue with the quality or price of the Kate Moss for Rimmel matte lipsticks (about €6.99). Shade #107, a deep, matte berry-red, is universally flattering – not to mention perfect for this time of year.
10. Finally, About Face by Aisling McDermott with Laura Kennedy is a smart and stunningly attractive read – just like we’ll all be once we’ve read it, wha’? And at €22.99, the price is attractive, too; this one is firmly on my own Christmas wishlist.
What would you add to this list?