At this time of year the shops are awash with gift sets and limited editions, many of which are actually sub-par to a brand’s typical offerings. But you won’t waste your time or your money with any of this little lot, which are this year’s best sets for gifting – for you, or for any makeup lover on your list.
ONE From the Scotch on the Rocks collection, this limited edition Warm Glow eye palette, €69, is one of the loveliest festive offerings we’ve seen from Bobbi Brown to date. Inside the gorgeous mock-croc case you’ll find a selection of nine wearable, flattering shadows in shades of gold, bronze and rose gold, thoughtfully curated to suit all skin-tones and in a mixture of textures; there are three mattes, four metallics, a copper shimmer and champagne sparkle.
Pigmentation is medium and this is a great one for layering, making it foolproof to create a warm, sparkling, lit-by-the-fireside eye look that’s not just gorgeous for this time of year, but will come in handy all year-round. Shades include:
- Flesh Shadow: warm pale cream matte
- Beige Shadow: warm beige matte
- Golden Pink Metallic Shadow: warm pink gold.
- Bonfire Shimmer Wash Shadow: warm copper.
- Rosé Metallic Shadow: soft rosy pink.
- Gold Sparkle Shadow: champagne sparkle.
- Velvet Bronze Metallic Shadow: rich golden bronze.
- Golden Bronze Metallic Shadow: golden bronze.
- Rich Caviar Shadow: rich black brown.
TWO Urban Decay makes some of the dreamiest, creamiest, and most long-lasting eyeliners on the planet. This Black Magic 24/7 Glide-On Double-Ended Eye Pencil Set, €33, comes with every black pencil liner that the brand makes, paired with a colourful shade on the other side. These are gorgeous – I wanted it for LSD alone, a stunner of a navy shot through with turquoise glitter. There’s not a single pencil here that won’t be worn and loved.
Here's what's included (swatched left to right below):
- LSD + Perversion : navy shimmer with bright turquoise micro-sparkle + blackest black matte
- Smoke + Black Velvet : grey matte + smoky black matte
- Tornado + Black Market: dark eggplant pearl + charcoal black satin
- Demolition + Zero: deep brown matte + black cream
But Sweet Tintations just pips it to the post for my top pick; this comes with two of the brand’s tinted balms (check out my Benebalms review) with the matching cheek stains at a very reasonable €29.50 (with a value of €87).
Still have a few people to cross off your list? You might also like to check out my luxury makeup gift guide.