The orange lip is a major trend this summer: fresh and juicy, it looks especially punchy with a tan. From soft, pinky corals to the most vibrant tangerines, there's a shade out there for all skintones and budgets - here are eight I would really recommend.
- The combination of Benefit's Cha Cha Balm layered over Cha Cha Tint gives a sheer and wearable pinky-orange sheen that's universally flattering. Read all about it.
- As easy on the pocket as it is on the eye, Maybelline’s Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange is a bright, true orange with a satiny sheen (I'm wearing it at the Tatler event here).
- Estee Lauder’s Pure Colour Vivid Shine lipstick in Coral Halo (featured here) is shot through with gold and silver pearl, giving it a lustre that's so pretty in the sun.
- This Shiseido lovely is a new favourite: the hint of shimmer gives a luminosity to the true-orange shade.
- Another purse-friendly option, Rimmel’s Moisture Renew Lipstick - In Love With Ginger is a shiny red-orange in a lovely moisturising formula - check out this post for more.
- YSL's Babydoll Kiss and Blush in 04, Orange Fougeux, is another soft, wearable way to wear the trend. This velvety matte cream works well on lips and cheeks - check out my Frillseeker review.
- Urban Decay's Bang is a richly pigmented, full coverage red-orange that completely lives up to its name. Read my review here - there's also a lipliner to match.
- Clinique'sMatt Mandarin is a delight: this velvety, modern matte finish still has a touch of sheen and the shade is modern and fresh. Check out my full review.
See my take on the matte red lip here.