Finding the right BB or CC Cream for you can be a long and frustrating process - but when you find The One, you'll hear the choirs of angels sing.
These next gen tinted moisturisers can make your life so easy; they can offer sun protection, coverage and skincare benefits all in one, with CC creams offering further colour correcting properties, and balancing your skintone.
The problem? They're not all created equal: it's no great exaggeration to say I've tried hundreds of these complexion perfectors and encountered more misses than hits along the way.
It also doesn't help that many of these products don't cater for darker skintones - but if you fall within the light-to-medium category, here are the top ten BB and CC creams I've tried. (All the info's in the post, but I've also made a video that expands a little more on every product so when you have a few minutes, do take a look.)
Benefit The Big Easy, SPF 35, €37, 6 shades - read my Frillseeker review.
- Texture: Creamy and cushiony.
- Finish: Smooths and evens the complexion, with sheer to medium coverage and excellent weartime. Slightly mattifies.
- Best for: Combination, dehydrated or oily skin.
- Distinguishing feature: Sets to a powder finish; balances oil-levels.
|Bourjois before and after|
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream, SPF 15, €13.99, 4 shades - read my full review
- Texture: Very fluid and lightweight; weightless on the skin and blends in effortlessly.
- Finish: Gives a radiance to the skin with good coverage levels; feels hydrating and comfortable to wear.
- Best for: All skin types.
- Distinguishing feature: Great at colour correcting, counteracting redness, blueness under the eyes and any ashiness/dullness in the skin.
La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Cream, SPF 30, €22.50, 1 shade - read my full review.
- Texture: Thick, creamy and cushiony; melts into the skin.
- Finish: Good coverage levels, balances oil levels and the bizz for tackling redness.
- Best for: Light to medium skintones that are prone to all types of redness.
- Distinguishing feature: This is a treatment product so while it superficially covers and corrects, the anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients work to actively decrease redness in skin over time.
Rimmel Stay Matte BB Cream, SPF 15, €8.99, 2 shades - see it in action here.
- Texture: Feels lightweight and not heavy or greasy on the skin.
- Finish: Smooths and evens skintone, mattifies and controls shine.
- Best for: Combination or oily skin.
- Distinguishing features: Helps prevent blemishes.
Dior Hydra Life BB Cream SPF 30, €54.50, 3 shades
- Texture: Thin, fluid and lightweight.
- Finish: Impressive coverage levels for something so lightweight; this is on par with a traditional foundation, but still looks natural, radiant and fresh.
- Best for: All skin types, including problem or sensitive skin
- Distinguishing feature: Infused with Dior's Hydra-Life serum with botanical extracts to stimulate cell renewal and plump up the skin.
Estée Lauder DayWear BB Beauty Benefit Creme SPF 35, €40, 2 shades
- Texture: has that lovely cushiony ‘traditional’ BB texture.
- Finish: Brightening optics and light-reflective pearls give a radiant finish while oil balancing ingredients keep shine at bay.
- Best for: all skin types
- Distinguishing feature: Great levels of hydration meaning it's comfortable to wear all day.
Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30, €35, 6 shades - featured in this post.
- Texture: Thick and creamy; blends effortlessly into the skin for lightweight, sheer to medium coverage.
- Finish: One-size-fits-all formula that brightens the skintone, reduces sallowness and diminishes redness, all at the same time.
- Best for: All skin types, particularly dehydrated (due to a generous dollop of hyaluronic acid).
- Distinguishing feature: Gives a gorgeous, natural, healthy glow that makes skin look AMAZING.
Chanel CC Cream, €50, SPF 30, 1 shade, check out my full review here.
- Texture: Rich and creamy but feels lightweight and hydrating on the skin
- Finish: Beautiful; lovely levels of coverage and skin looks natural, radiant and perfected (check it out here).
- Best for: All skin types
- Distinguishing feature: Skincare benefits include anti-ageing ingredients and hyaluronic acid to lock moisture into the skin.
Lidl BB Cream SPF 15, €2.99, 2 shades
- Texture: Lightweight and non-greasy.
- Finish: Sheer, luminous coverage.
- Best for: Youthful skin; those who don't require too much coverage or expensive skincare ingredients, or who want that 'no makeup' makeup look.
- Distinguishing feature: Great little product for the price; grab it if you spot it because it tends to fly off shelves!
Clarins Skin Perfecting BB Cream, SPF 25 , €33.50, 3 shades, reviewed here.
- Texture: Thick, smooth and creamy.
- Finish: Brightening with medium coverage levels.
- Best for: All skin types especially oily/combination as there's some mattifying properties in the mix.
- Distinguishing feature: A great all-rounder.