Oh Hai, Fluffy readers, I'm thrilled that Emma has asked me to show you a simple nail look as part of a guest post and even more thrilled that I can take the time to put something together as a nod to October being Breast Cancer Awareness month.
The nails I've done are a super simple glitter gradient with diamante signature pink bow. To achieve the look you'll need:
- A baby pink base coat (I used Leighton Denny BabyDoll)
- A pink glitter for gradient
Nails Inc Chelsea Square)
- A trusty old make up sponge (Seriously, this one has served me for months, just cut as needed)
- Pink diamantes (these I picked up in the €2 Shop)
- Clear top coat
- Toothpick for diamante application
And here's what to do:
- Give yourself two coats of your base colour and allow to dry slightly.
- Touch the sponge into a small amount of glitter polish and begin to apply to the nail.
- Only cover the first quarter of the nail but don't worry about being too precise, gradient always looks better when it's a little messy.
- Touch the toothpick into some clear top coat use to pick up the pink diamantes.
- A cross starting at the tip of your nail only needs 3 diamantes on top to make the iconic ribbon.
- Admire your super simple handiwork and maybe even use that perfectly manicured hand to give your boobies a little squeeze, it could actually save your life, yo.
What do we think? Will you be sporting a pink mani this month?
By the by, that beautiful magenta brooch in the first pic is available from
Avon catalogue 9 for €2.25, with 25% of
proceeds going to ARC Cancer Support.
Find out about the Avon Breast Cancer Promise Campaign, and how you can raise money just by making a simple promise, here.