Happy St Patrick’s Day! Guinness might be the preferred drink for this most Irish of holidays across the globe, and I like a pint of the black stuff as much as the next person (unless that next person is my friend Mark, because nobody likes a Guinness as much as he does), but I’m also partial to something long and fruity, preferably with an umbrella in. So I was delighted to hear about the Smirnoff Irish Shamrock, a special Paddy’s Day cocktail that’s easy to make – and drink!
- 50 ml Smirnoff Lime
- 1 chopped lime (16 pieces)
- 20 ml sugar cane syrup
- Crushed ice
- Muddle limes & sugar cane syrup in base of highball glass
- Fill glass with crushed ice
- Add vodka and stir thoroughly
- Retop with crushed ice and garnish with lime wedge & straw
Will you be trying this one at home? What’s your favourite Paddy’s Day tipple?