- Beat the eggs until smooth keep to one side. Use three small eggs per person.
- Heat the non-stick pan to medium hot and add 1dsp of oil. Pour the egg, rolling it slowly around the pan.
- Make sure the mixture is flat and not lumpy. Cook each side for 30 seconds and keep to one side.
- Bring the wok to medium heat add the oil and garlic. Stir until there is an aroma.
- Add the minced chicken and prawns and stir for a minute.
- Add snow peas, carrot and onion and stir for 30 seconds, season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, ground white pepper and tomato ketchup.
- Add chicken stock and stir until they are mixed well. Split into two portions and keep to one side.
- Place the egg pancake on a plate and place the filling in centre. Wrap from the four sides to the middle and place another plate on top. Flick upside down. Garnish with coriander and serve with Thai Jasmine rice.
Celebrate Pancake Tuesday with this great savoury pancake recipe from Saba!
Happy Pancake Day! With the day that's in it I thought I'd share this delicious recipe for savoury pancakes, Kai Yad Sai, from Dublin restaurant Saba. I love this great Vietnamese and Thai restaurant as much for its delicious food as for its laidback ambience and amazing cocktail list.
If you live near Dublin you can always pop in for the real deal at just €15.95, but those of you who are a bit further away should definitely try out this recipe for egg pancakes stuffed with stir fried minced chicken and prawns with snow peas, carrot and onion, created by Saba executive chef Taweesak Trakoolwattana.
200g minced chicken breast
100g minced prawns
50g snow peas
50g small diced carrot
3dsp chicken stock or water
80g small diced onion
2dsp sunflower oil for egg pancake
3dsp sunflower oil for cooking
½ tsp sugar
3cloves chopped garlic
4dsp tomato ketchup
2dsp soy sauce
2 stalk coriander for garnish
1dsp oyster sauce
½ dsp black soy sauce
¼ tsp ground white pepper
You'll find Saba at 26-28 Clarendon Street, Dublin 2 - check out their website for menus or call (01) 679 2000 to book.