It will hardly have escaped your notice that after years languishing in the beauty wilderlands, gloss is back with a bang.
For those of us quaking in fear at memories of the sticky, gloopy and entirely unpigmented offerings of our youth let me reassure you: the best new glosses are an entirely different breed - YSL's Gloss Volupte, for example, is delicious.
But for those who need yet more reassurance, why not test the waters with Lancôme's latest launch, Lip Lovers.
I can't wait to try the new head&shoulders line. There are few things better than swishing a head of clean, beautifully scented hair, and the brand's new 'Scent Burst Technology' promises hair that smells better than ever! All too often, women with sensitive scalps have to sacrifice great smelling haircare to stay flake-free. head&shoulders is tackling that head on - the world's best-selling anti-dandruff shampoo has re-balanced its fragrance line, to create their best smelling products yet.
One of my favourite things about a good beauty blog is knowing what products come highly recommended from a source I trust. I love a good favourites post or video and am really enjoying making my own monthly round-up to share everything from my beauty bag favourites to my latest finds or completely random discoveries. So from high-end to budget, here are the things that have been prettying my face, cleaning my skin and generally brightening up my life for the past month.
Hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
- John Lewis standard silk pillowcase, £35 (find it here)
- Luxury facecloths, €3.50 for pack of three, Penneys
- Origins Reinventing the Heel, €27, Arnotts
- Weleda Regenerating Pomegranate Hand Cream, €12.69, Boots
- La Roche Posay Rosaliac CC Cream, €22.50, chemists
- NYC Expert Last Nail Polish in Bubblegum Pink
- YSL Eau De Rose La Laque Couture, €24
- Chanel Tisse Gabrielle Les 4 Ombres, €50
- Essence XXXL Longlasting lipgloss (matte effect), €2.89
- Essence Maximum Volume Mascara, €3.49
Tried anything here, or want to? Let me know in the comments!
I’m sure our excited squeals could be heard from across the Atlantic as the brilliant – and affordable – LA beauty brand, Wet n Wild, finally hit Irish shores.
To celebrate its much anticipated arrival, three lucky readers will soon adding their own squeals of excitement as I have three lovely goody bags to give away from the much sought after range.